August 27, 2010
International NOTAMs Effective September 1, 2010
- NOTAM FDC 0/6432 – U.S. Entry and Overflight Requirements for Aircraft 100,309 pounds or less
- NOTAM FDC 0/6433 – U.S. Entry and Overflight Requirements for Aircraft over 100,309 pounds
- NOTAM FDC 0/6499- Definitions for NOTAMs 0/6432 and 0/6433
Operators not meeting the criteria in the NOTAMs must apply for an International Waiver before operating to/from or overflying the territorial airspace of the United States. 参观 TSA Office of 空域 Waivers website for additional information.
For international operations, either single-trip or fleet waivers are issued:
- Single-trip Waiver
- Authorize aircraft 运营商 to operate to/from and 在 the airspace of the United States and its territorial possessions. This waiver may be granted to companies and/or organizations applying for single day or multiple day flights involving one or more aircraft. The waiver may be issued for up to 90 days.
- Authorizes aircraft 运营商 to operate to/from, 在, and over the airspace of the United States and its territorial possessions. Waivers may be granted to individual pilots, companies and/or organizations applying for a single day trip or multiple day trip flights that involve two or more aircraft. A 舰队豁免 will be issued for a maximum of 3-months.
Automatic Detection and Processing Terminal (ADAPT): To enhance the Department of 首页land 安全’s (DHS) ability to enforce airspace rules, DHS has implemented a joint program between the FAA, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and TSA known as ADAPT. The ADAPT system serves as a critical advance warning system for air traffic controllers and security personnel by allowing them to validate the identity, threat and movement of aircraft operating worldwide. This system is currently operational and is fully integrated with existing TSA and CBP capabilities, which provides a substantial leap forward in the ability to identify and process aircraft of interest.
TSA Office of 空域 Waivers
Commonly referred to as the “TSA Waiver Office,” the TSA Office of 空域 Waivers coordinates the process for 运营商 seeking relief, 或豁免, to restrictions to operating to/from the United States or 在 domestic airspace.
The office hours for the TSA Office of 空域 Waivers are 9 a.m. 至5便士。.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. The office is closed on US Federal Holidays.
Waiver requests must be submitted using the online FAA/TSA 空域 Access Program.
Waiver requests should be submitted to the TSA Office of 空域 Waivers at least 7 business days prior to the desired departure date to ensure adequate processing time.
The International Unit handles waiver requests for relief from FDC 6/7435 (Operations To/From Locations outside the US).
The 国内单位 handles waiver requests for relief from Special Event NOTAMs, and other domestic restrictions.
Modifications to Your Waiver/Quality Assurance
Ada Johnson (Modifications):
Reggie Rhodes (Quality Assurance):
Waiver Office Administration
Kerwin Wilson, Branch Chief:
Reggie Rhodes, Deputy Branch Chief: